Facebook is back online after a massive outage that took down Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, and Oculus.‘Networking issues’ took the sites down just before noon ET.
- According to security researcher Alon Gal, on April 4, 2021:Personal data from 533 million Facebook accounts has reportedly leaked online for free.
- December 15, 2020: Gmail, YouTube, Google Docs, and other Google services were hit by a massive outage.
- Remember last year Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp were down for 2 hours.
- Do you remember when MySpace and Google+, very popular social networks, announced they were shutting down their networks? Revealing that users will no longer be able to update, create new profiles, pages, and community events.
We all use them; these platforms are a great way to market your business. Ask yourself a few questions.
- What happens to your business if it’s down for two hours or your user data is breached
- What if the network provider decides to shut down their network altogether
“It’s always important that people have alternatives and choices. This is why we work on keeping digital markets fair and contestable,” the European Union’s antitrust chief and digital czar, Margrethe Vestager, said. “An outage as we have seen shows that it’s never good to rely only on a few big players, whoever they are.”
It’s important to have a plan. Protect your investment. GET A WEBSITE!!
- Your website is a static place to inform and educate your readers about who you are and what you own.
- Your website is your virtual assistant that will showcase your business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.
Without a website, people may question your legitimacy as a business. Having a website is an opportunity to make a great first impression and give people comfort that you’re a real business.Establishing who you are, what you represent, and what you stand for increases your customers’ chances to buy from you.